Janine Gent - Psychology
Janine is a Registered Psychologist operating from Wellbeing Sanctuary in Mt Eliza.
Janine’s patients range from children through to adults, and she offers a range of therapeutic methods from CBT (Cognitive Behaviour Therapy) to Equine Facilitated Psychotherapy (EFP). Equine therapy dates back to the times when horses were used for therapeutic riding in ancient Greek literature.
Janine is a member of the Australian Psychological Society and a registered provider with Medicare. Clients attending with mental health care plans can claim the Psychology rebate, however a gap fee will apply.
The treatment used will depend on the patient's needs. Treatments include:
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT),
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT),
- Rational Emotive Behaviour Therapy (REBT),
- Contextual Modular Therapy (CMT),
- Eye Movement Desensitising and Reprocessing (EMDR),
- Equine Facilitated Psychotherapy (EFP) and
- Equine Facilitated Experiential Learning (EFEL)
Janine can help people across many areas of psychology including:
- anxiety disorders,
- mood disorders,
- adjustment disorders,
- peri and post-natal depression,
- childhood & adolescent behavioural issues
- developmental disorders,
- stress related conditions,
- grief and loss,
- trauma and post-traumatic stress,
- pain management,
- self esteem,
- intuition and confidence.
Janine consults -
Mondays 2pm – 7pm
For further information please visit www.gentlereintherapies.com.au
Bachelor of Behavioural Science (BBSc)
Bachelor of Science (Honours)
Registered with Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (APHRA)
Member of the Australian Psychological Society (APS)
Member of the International Association of Clinical Neuropsychotherapy (IACN)
Certified Instructor, Eponaquest (USA)
Certified Instructor, EAGALA (USA).